Friday, March 04, 2005

"Old" Folks At Home

Here I am, finally attempting to start a blog! My reason for this is simple: I hope to use this blog to connect with family and friends back home. I am always amazed at the changes that take place at home between my visits. For instance, my baby sister has grown up! Somehow I always think of her as a little girl. But the proofs of her maturity are staring me in the face every time I read her blog. (Beka) Then there are all the weddings and births, funerals and graduations that occur when I am not there to witness them. There is a real disconnect between my life here and my old life as it has continued back home. Sometimes I wonder what I would be doing if I were back home right now. I guess I might be heading down to CA for Uncle Bernard's funeral tomorrow. I wonder.
And then I realize that my daughter Katie has finished "reading" her book and climbed out of her playpen and little Andrew is crying, in need of a diaper change. . . and I abruptly come back to the here and now, roll up my sleeves and get back to work.

8 Comments:

Blogger Rebekah said...

Yeeeeesssss!!!! I'm the first one to comment! (beat ya Mark) *giggle*

Sarah, I'm sooooo delighted that you have joined in the little (actually more like world wide) blog circle! Seriously, I'm absolutely fidgeting with joy! I told your hubby that it should be a law you know--keeping a blog. It will be wonderful to be "connected" to your world in a real tangible way. Write on and have fun with it. Love you sis!

3:02 PM  
Blogger La*Oriente said...

I guess I get bronze. Yahoo!!

Hi Sarah, I am verra glad you are joining our most elite circles! lol

4:00 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

I hope this isn't a fad...y'all better stick to it!

Even so, I have the satisfaction of knowing I started it. :P

4:24 PM  
Blogger sarah said...

Thanks for the welcome, guys! Anna must still be at work - yes, Mark you did start it - nice pic, BTW.

8:02 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

Hi Sarah, I just sent you an e-mail so it seams a little weird to be writing to you twice.--With-in 10 min. of each other! But I wanted to add my welcome such as it is after every one else has already done so. I'm trying to keep up with everybody! Hope to see you soon God willing!
Love you!

1:12 AM  
Blogger Anna said...

I just noticed the time on my comment. And I wanted to specify that it is only 10:13 here! ;)

1:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's 2 PM here. Finally I come to your blog. And I am glad.

What medal do I get, Aluminum?

7:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I'm finally on here to say congrats-very late. This blogging stuff makes me seem closer, but oh, so far from you all. I'll have to start one myself...someday...not now--all three kiddos are asleep, the house is a disaster, tomorrow's Sunday, have to have the car packed for an overnighter in Penryn, DJ is getting married next week, we're moving in less than a month, and I'll be travelling to WA with the three right after that. Do I have good excuses???? :)love you!

7:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home