Friday, September 29, 2006

It Happened in Brooklyn. . .

So I got a call from a friend in Brooklyn late one night. She was beside herself with glee. In the most dramatic of tones, she said, "Do you know who I saw tonight? Do you know who just autographed my copy of "Pride and Prejudice?" " She paused for effect and then squealed, "Colin Firth!!"

Apparently, Helen Hunt is directing a movie down there and Colin is in it. My friend watched them film one scene about fifty thousand times. I admit that I would not have stayed that long, but she is nothing if not determined. When the shoot was over, she did need a nudge from her husband, however, before she got up the courage to intercept Colin, who was a little grumpy after a long day of filming the same scene over and over, and gush out that "Pride and Prejudice" was the greatest movie ever made! That earned her a smile and Colin agreed to autograph the dvd.

I heard from my friend again last night and the crew will be filming again next Monday and Tuesday. . . she wants me to come. I looked over the schedule and I don't think I will be able to go, but wouldn't it be fun?
I just might need to watch "Pride and Prejudice" again soon.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Pretty impressive! But then you do live in NY... Remember Grandmother's story about walking down the street in the city and seeing so many movie stars and Aunt Ginny being so amazed? :) Hey, can't wait to see you guys Wed night. I get giddy just thinking about it! I have to contact you about weather... Love you!

11:33 PM  
Blogger Rebekah said...

Yeeeeeoooowwww! Whereas I generally refrain from such cyber-displays, in this instance it is most undoutedly warrented. Once again I say:

Yeeeeeeeeooooooowwwww!

*shivering with delight*

7:37 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

Squeal!!!!! Inside of course! I'm on my work computer and there are clients in the store. I don't think I would have had the guts to do what she did. Only a little because of intimidation, but partly because I try to see everyone the same. I have to say it would have been very exiting to see the shoot!! Not quite that many times though. :Dk

4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home