Saturday, March 13, 2010

Sports: from my kids' perspective

This evening, while I was making dinner in the kitchen, my husband spent a few minutes perusing various sports channels on TV. Katie showed unusual interest in the games and peppered Ben with questions, which he answered almost absentmindedly. Andrew occasionally jumped in if he thought he had the better perspective on the situation - I was hard-pressed not to laugh out loud!

On soccer:

(Katie) They have to be in really good shape, huh, Daddy?
(Daddy) Yep, they have to run a lot.
(Katie) They have to be careful when they fall! When do they win?
(Daddy) When the time is over.
(Katie) You mean they have to keep playing?
(Daddy) Unless the coach subs them out.
(Andrew) Or until their lunch is ready!

On basketball:

(Katie) Why are their feet squeaky?
(Daddy) Because their shoes stop quickly on the court.
(Katie) Why did he fall?
(Andrew) He double-crossed him, I guess.

On baseball:

(Katie) Daddy, you know that game where they hit the ball with the stick and then run? Can we watch that?

Ah, that's my girl.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rebekah said...

Gosh, for living with you, I actually miss allot of the action. :) SO hysterically classic, and ADORABLE.

8:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home